Reports to: Applications Engineering Manager
Our client is a leader in the design and manufacture of fasteners and are committed to providing quality, value-added products and services.
This full-time position within their Applications Engineering Team requires a self-motivated individual that can identify new application opportunities and conceptualize new ways to solve fastening problems for customers.
• Design, develop or improve fastening solutions to new and existing customers.
• Support sales activities for key customers with technical calls and visits as and when required.
• Coordinate testing required for prototypes, pilot production and final customer acceptance.
• Coordinate the development activities within the busines including Manufacturing, Purchasing, Quality, Sales & Marketing, Finance and Installation equipment dept.
• Generate manufacturing costs and submit to pricing co-ordinator.
• Provide technical support to customers/distributors and to Regional Sales Managers.
• Coordinate, plan and conduct training with new and key distributors and customers.
• Communicate with all business levels and support functions, including management.
• Provide in-house training in Application Engineering and product and solution offerings.
• Travel and promote Application Engineering and product development offering, including new product releases to external customers.
• Visit customers and Authorised Distributors as necessary.
• Undertake research to support the learning of new processes, products and technologies.
• Third level degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
• 1-3 years of engineering experience.
• Application Engineering skills with track record of solving problems and working in or with a cross functional team.
• Proficient with Solid Modelling software (Pro/E preferred) and Microsoft Office.
• Experience with engineering tools such as SPC.
• Experience using Business software (ERP systems, JDE preferred).
• Finite Element Analysis, desirable.
• Must be able to use laboratory testing tools as required (e.g. hand tools, tensile tester, hardness test equipment).
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills to interpret and communicate data accurately.
• Ability to read and understand technical drawings and specifications.
• Flexibility in schedule to allow for travel.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Head of Operations will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations to support achievement of financial targets and delivery of the Strategi....View
My client is ecruiting a talented and experienced training professional to design and deliver a high quality, cost effective and innovative training function aligned to the needs and priorit....View
In a dynamic environment, you will be part of the IT Channel Europe & International team. You will have a critical role to play in leading projects to simplify and automate existing proc....View
The Regional Inventory & Materials Leader will be responsible for leading the materials transformation for the region inclusive of all manufacturing and distribution operations. Th....View
Reporting to the Head of IT, the Application Managers primary role is to manage, mentor and develop a multi-disciplined IT development and QA team.....View