My client is seeking a full-time position for an Intermediate embedded Software Engineer who is passionate about delivering high quality firmware. You will join a cross disciplinary team of product owners, software engineers, QA engineers and Operations staff that design, develop and deploy network management solutions to various products across the organization. We use a wide variety of technologies so the ability to learn and be adaptable is essential.
- Develop firmware for new and existing company products both within teams and on their own.
- Implement automated testing and unit tests
- Assist in formulating customer requirements.
- Help in the design and architecture of product solutions as well as creating engineering documents.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of products and process.
- Work with Technical Support on customer issues.
- Participate in code inspections.
- Understand and learn about new technologies and have a good ability and interest in learning.
- Ensure that solutions which are implemented are cybersecure.
- Some international travel may be required.
- A B.Sc or B.Eng degree in Computer, Electrical, Electronic or Software Engineering (or equivalent)
- 3-5 years of experience in a professional environment working with embedded systems
- 3-5 years of experience in programming in C
- Eagerness to learn and take ownership of hands-on projects
- Good team building and communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to provide estimates to a project manager for work undertaken.
- Proven to be adaptable and able to work on variety of activities simultaneously.
- Shows understanding and appreciation of processes and issues relevant to the job.
- Ability to work on vague as well as concrete tasks independently.
- Eagerness to learn about business and technology trends.
- Knowledge of analysis techniques - can break down complex tasks easily.
- Demonstrated creativity in their solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to innovate in their work.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills