The IT Systems Engineer/Technician will be trained on Database structure and will help support the implementation and integration of the Production Scheduling Systems (Asprova). The IT Systems Engineer/Technician will work within the Information Systems team to support internal users and ensure an efficient, quality service is provided to all. The IT Systems Engineer/Technician will also be responsible for researching, sourcing & introducing the best fit ERP system and help transfer from the current in-house database system.
- To gain a comprehensive understanding of the current Database systems and Production Scheduling System (Asprova) so as to provide all users with high quality systems support.
- To help implement the Production Scheduling System (Asprova).
- To work with external Systems providers when designing, integrating and implementing new systems.
- To be fully familiar with all relevant Information Systems hardware, software and Network Operating Systems.
- To be capable of troubleshooting Information Systems hardware, software and network systems.
- To verify and test data inputs and outputs, prior to selected Informations Systems Updates or releases, to ensure compliance with existing reporting functionality, for new systems.
- To identify and support Information Systems validations / verification’s to ensure delivery of applications to required Regulatory and company requirements.
- To generate Information Systems documentation and User training documents.
- To investigate/evaluate different ERP systems, and in conjunction with the Information Systems team develop an appropriate ERP solution.
- To provide training and ongoing support to current/new users of Information Systems technology.
- To maintain, log and/or list of required repairs and maintenance for Informations Systems equipment.
- To carry out Information Systems Preventative Maintenance tasks.
- To make recommendations about, and carry out, purchase of required Information Systems technology.
- To monitor security of related Information Systems technology
- Minimum of 3 years experience working within an Information Systems environment.
- Third Level Qualification in Computer Science/Systems Analysis/ Information Systems Management or similar required.
- Must have working knowledge in the areas of Computer Hardware and Software systems, Computer troubleshooting, Computer networks, Network administration and Network installation (LAN/WAN networks).
- Knowledge of MS Access, Excel, SQL Server and SSRS an advantage.
- Knowledge of Computers Systems Validation is desirable but not critical, as training will be provided in this area.
- Must demonstrate the following:
- Problem solving skills
- Effective written & verbal communications skills.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work on own initiative.
- Lean/Continuous Improvement Qualifications would be an advantage