As a Transport Planner you will be scheduling, and co-ordinating company fleet, drivers and crew members. Aiding transport team members where necessary.
- Reports to the Transport Manager
- Become a key member of the transport team
- Operate closely with the transport manager to ensure constant communications with vehicles, drivers and on-board systems to meet service requirements.
- Merge customer requirements and driver/vehicle availability with daily and weekly transport plans and communicate with all parties to ensure sufficient capacity and flexibility.
- Monitor and assist compliance with transport regulations, including tachographs, driver’s hours, licence & CPC, vehicle safety checks.
- Assist with route planning and reviewing existing routes to manage customer coverage.
- Schedule and coordinate drivers and crew members based on forecasted peak business levels.
- Communicate professionally, effectively and assertively with team members, drivers and crew to harness good working relations
- Check crews are compliant with site agreements, health and safety standards and defect reporting.
- Sending updates to drivers as necessary
- Inputting jobs onto transport management systems
- Ensure company procedures and quality service are maintained always
- Experience required in transport planning/scheduling role
- Ability to work under own initiative with strong motivational skills
- Strong communication interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft
- Strong team player, Customer Focused
- Be self-motivated and ambitious and enjoy working in a busy environment.
My client is looking for someone to manage the day to day security concerns of a mid-size business to help protect both the users and our customers from security threats. One key requirement....View
This position is responsible for a wide range of business analysis covering all departments, including Sales, Operations and Supply Chain. ....View
To develop and manage the national commercial strategy in line with the overall company strategy, for the National Key Account at Corporate and or Buying Group level ensuring that the Compan....View