My client is currently seeking applications for a Lead Controls Engineer located in there Galway, Ireland premises. This Lead Controls Engineer will work as a member of the Systems Architecture Design & Controls Team supporting development of Products. This role will support the execution of embedded controls development projects, working with hardware, software, validation test and system integration functions.
- Develop controller models for system level control algorithms and logic that provide superior performance, enhance reliability and diagnostics.
- Execute model-in-the-loop simulations to verify control behavior and performance.
- Support system and sub-system level integration testing to ensure control system behavior meets functional and non-functional requirements. Review and analyze system test data.
- Mentor and supervise team members.
- Work with software development teams to integrate model-generated software into application software.
- Adhere to model development standards and processes.
- Collaborate with System integration teams and Product management.
- Drive project execution to achieve project milestones.
- Develop and execute team technology and process strategies.
- 10% travel anticipated.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Computer Science required. Other technical degrees may be considered with relevant work experience.
- At least 12 years experience in controls, electronics, systems or software engineering is required.
- Master’s Degree in Control Theory is strongly preferred.
- Experience with model based design processes and modeling & simulation of complex systems is required.
- Understanding of control system design. Classical control knowledge required (PID control, linear control, digital filtering). Advanced control knowledge preferred (modern control theory, model predictive control, non-linear control, adaptive control, fuzzy logic).
- Advanced proficiency with Simulink and Stateflow is required.
- Understanding of optimization techniques is preferred.
- Experience with MAAB, J-MAAB, IEC 62304 standards or equivalents are preferred.
- Experience in automating processes is preferred.
- Proficiency in SVN, Jenkins or Dymola beneficial.
- Knowledge in refrigeration, vapor compression or thermodynamics/fluid dynamics is a plus.
- Knowledge in compressors, engines or power electronics is a plus.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Head of Operations will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations to support achievement of financial targets and delivery of the Strategi....View
The role will involve the maintenance, repair and commissioning of the full range of HVAC equipment (air and water cooled chillers, roof top packages and DX room cooling units) and the....View
Opportunity to work in a Global Company that utilises IOT, Big Data and Bluetooth to drive innovation throughout their product range. Company deals with Firmware, Server, database, front end....View
The successful candidate will contribute to the overall quality assurance and testing effort on my clients portfolio of products including telematics hardware and firmware, enterprise softwa....View
A Electrical/Electronic Design Engineer is required by for our Galway based client. The Electrical/Electronic Design Engineer will work as Design Engineer in the Galway R&D center with r....View