As Logistics Operations Analyst you will be responsible for delivering analytical support to key stakeholders across the logistics operation for a variety of purposes. You will report directly to the Logistics Manager and you will be responsible for P&L, Data Management of Logistics Planning, Reporting and Continuous Improvement.
- Report on daily and weekly logistics performances and volumes.
- Review volumes and provide invaluable support during peak business periods to understand the impact on warehouse throughput and capacity.
- Report on both weekly operational and performance KPI’s to assist and support the logistics operations in managing performance.
- Creation of centralised logistics dashboards to be utilised by decision makers.
- Support the operation and senior management with ad-hoc requests that support business growth.
- Budgeting and forecasting.
- Providing detailed analytical support for projects.
- Continue utilisation of new data highlighting opportunities to apply new data and information by creating reporting which aligns with business values.
- Development of standardised, centralised reporting structure for all logistics clients and ongoing maintenance & improvement of said structure.
- Development of reports to represent the key operational measurements of operations ensuring that these reports are accurate, informative and presented in a fashion that can be comprehended by various audiences.
- Responsible for financial reporting and review process for Logistics P&L.
- Plan and run reviews with various stakeholders; consolidate, analyse and
- Deliver comprehensive reporting packages.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent desirable preferably in supply chain or logistics or business.
- 2-3 years’ experience in data analysis and report generation.
- Self-directed working style and capable of making well informed decisions.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, experience communicating and building relationships with stakeholders.
- Results driven with excellent attention to detail.
- IT literate with excellent Excel skills.
- Ability to data mine and analyse large quantities of data and present and deliver in its simplest form to the key stakeholders.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills to ensure implementation within the required deadlines
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to deliver high-quality work to timescale, and the ability to manage and prioritise own workload.
- Previous WMS systems experience.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Head of Operations will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations to support achievement of financial targets and delivery of the Strategi....View
The main objective of this role is to operate as a Sales Executive for the residential market (B2C) on behalf of Bord Gáis Energy in a defined geographical area selling electricity an....View
The Regional manager will work in conjunction with Depot/warehouse managers to assist them in achieving the standard of service required.He/she will work as part of a team to ensure that ser....View
Joining a team of 7 Customer Service Representatives and a Team Lead. The customer service agent is a ‘people Person’ and provides a professional and customer-focused skill set. ....View
To ensure the effective management of the production processes (Roto/Assembly/Pipe) to the highest, output, quality, safety and economic standards within the plant....View