- Duties to include; preventative maintenance, fabrication and repair on machines and equipment; as well as responding to emergency machine break downs throughout the plant; Involvement with new design, installation and movements of existing machines; Overhaul repair and modification of machines and equipment. Ensuring machines and equipment on site are safe, working efficiently and fit for purpose.
- Ensure all machines are safe and fit for purpose
- Actively practice and promote safe working practices
- Fault finding, testing, and the repair or adjustment of existing fittings, fixtures and parts
- Where a detailed specification is not provided, work in consultation with stake holders to develop and implement the most effective solution.
- Undertake repairs and servicing to the highest standard in accordance with work requests and predetermined specifications
- Overhaul, upkeep and repair of all plant machines including; Heading and forming equipment, Multi spindle turning machines, Heat treatment furnace lines and associated support equipment, Plating line, Automatic inspection equipment AND Packaging equipment
- Installation of new machines and equipment
- Design, promote and carry out Preventative Maintenance
- Review and advise on engineering requirements and drawings
- Supporting production in process improvements
- Support purchasing on a technical level with vendors
- Work with and coordinate contractors
- Effective communication – keeping management and relevant parties aware and seeking advice and assistance when required.
- Any other duty as may be required commensurate with the grading of the post and the skill of the post holder.
- Documentation/ recording of work carried out
Qualification in tool making or fitting.
Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
Good organizational skills.
Self-motivated individual with good troubleshooting skills.
Able to communicate, both in writing and verbally, with internal and external people.
Computer literate including Email and Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Access, Power point
Fork truck and hoist operation certs and experience an advantage.