A Mechanical Design Engineer on a permanent Contract, is required for our Galway based client. The Mechanical Design Engineer will work as part of the Engineering team, and have responsibility for driving improvements through design and innovation as part of a team both locally and internationally. The successful candidate will work on various productivity and customer driven product enhancement projects which need to be delivered in a timely manner.
- Identify, design, and deliver engineering projects on products that will support factory, supplier & customer needs whilst achieving reliability requirements.
- Investigate new technologies and processes to determine suitability for application.
- Development, implementation and coordination of component/module/system validation plans in R&D test facilities in conjunction with the Test and Reliability teams, using systematic methodology, such as DFMEA.
- Knowledge and ability to work within New Product Development (NPD) Process, with innate understanding of documented prerequisites and Milestone deliverables.
- Act as a resource, supporting other functions in the organization, a team player in Research and development, leading and supporting cross functional teams, interplant teams, and external resources.
- Apply problem solving tools and techniques to create solutions to opportunities on existing products and new product development.
- Act as a change agent, thinking "out of the box" to bring about change and innovation. Keep up to date with leading edge technical developments that may contribute to the next generation product concepts.
- Work within the Company processes. Plan, schedule and report on design projects in a professional manner, using Project Management to coordinate strict deadlines. Co-ordinate where necessary on project efforts across non-engineering functions.
- Plan & Conduct Application Testing based on risk analysis using standard tools after understanding customer requirements.
- Use the complete organization as a resource, capturing the experience and expertise of the Company supply base, while utilizing the design and manufacturing resources, and end-user expertise and experience.
- Proficiency in ProE software a distinct advantage.
- Proficiency in Large Assembly Techniques will be required as is a detailed understanding of BOM and design structure.
- Degree or Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or a related discipline.
- Previous experience in other related areas, such as Reliability Engineering, Machining, Sheetmetal & Plastic design, FMEA, 6 Sigma, vibration measurement, FEA, stress analysis and failure analysis is desirable
- 3 to 5 years relevant experience in Mechanical, aerospace, industrial, agricultural machinery, automotive industry desired.
- Fluent English - other European language an advantage
- Proficiency in ProE software a distinct advantage
- Ability to manage critical product cost and new product development projects with team members and partners spread across global locations.
- Capable of developing and executing test plans, interpreting test data, and developing and driving relevant corrective measures where necessary. * Previous experience in New Product Development (NPD) process, DFMEA, 6 Sigma, is desirable.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Head of Operations will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations to support achievement of financial targets and delivery of the Strategi....View
My client is ecruiting a talented and experienced training professional to design and deliver a high quality, cost effective and innovative training function aligned to the needs and priorit....View
In a dynamic environment, you will be part of the IT Channel Europe & International team. You will have a critical role to play in leading projects to simplify and automate existing proc....View
The Regional Inventory & Materials Leader will be responsible for leading the materials transformation for the region inclusive of all manufacturing and distribution operations. Th....View
Reporting to the Head of IT, the Application Managers primary role is to manage, mentor and develop a multi-disciplined IT development and QA team.....View