- Installs and maintains MS SQL servers running MS SQL server 2016 in an enterprise level production environment.
- Improving/troubleshooting system performance.
- Planning backup and recovery of databases.
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Design, Develop, Test, Debug and deliver new products and features based on Microsoft SQL technologies.
- Design, develop and deploy reporting solutions.
- Configuring, deploying and maintaining database servers.
- Assist with effort estimates and project schedules.
- Enhance and maintain system functionality.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, and code.
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Provides information by collecting, analysing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Degree in Computing
- Needs to be proficient at analysing Information
- Needs to have excellent SQL Server database administration & development skills including T-SQL and Stored Procedures. Familiarity with Java is a plus.
- Software Design, Debugging, Documentation, Testing, Problem Solving, Teamwork, Development Fundamentals, Development Process and Requirements
- 2+ years administration of Microsoft SQL 2008+ in a high transaction 24*7 environment.
Good database design and analysis skills
- Good data analysis experience
- 1+ years experience in a MS SQL Database Developer role with proficiency in writing T-SQL and Stored Procedures.
- Experience in SSRS, SSIS or SSAS an advantage.