The purpose of this position is to achieve the key objectives with regards to service to all Network depots, cost, productivity and, throughput, through effective management of employees, maintenance of company operating standards and compliance with ISO operating procedures, as well as effective and strategic leadership, motivation, and direction of the direct reports, and their teams, which encompass all the night operations functions within the business.
Operational hours usually run between 8pm and 2am. Flexibility is required.
To contribute to the strategic planning for the Central Operation teams.
- To manage the night operations sortation processes and parcel movements in line with company policy.
- To hold overall responsibility for ensuring quality procedures at night are delivered.
- To hold overall responsibility for holiday planning, in line with operational requirements.
- To operate within, and exceed, company-set service levels for all areas of their responsibility.
- To achieve Hub sortation unit cost.
- To manage all activities of night yard traffic management team ensuring safe and efficient movement of site traffic.
- To control night Hub operations costs through planning and review of finance reporting procedures – use of P & L and productivity statistics.
- To provide appropriate input into annual and period planning.
- To contribute to wider operations team in providing and improving support to the depot networks through liaison with Operations Support and other relevant departments.
Health & safety/security:
- To ensure company Health and Safety policy is implemented and monitored during Night Operations, ensuring and maintaining a safe working environment.
- To contribute to Security Policy, facilitating security awareness and actioning vehicle and personnel searches in line with the policy.
- To contribute to Hub Night Team recruitment, by liaising and supporting HR Department.
- To manage and improve employee retention in your team.
- To investigate and carry out disciplinary, grievance and appeal hearings in accordance with company procedures.
- To effectively manage all employees through communication, appraisals and training and improve employee engagement.
- To develop directly line managers and their reports through communication, appraisals, training and individual development and coaching.
- To manage absence, leading to a reduction in lost time through absence and sick pay costs.
- To manage On Job Trainer programme (OJT’s), ensuring new starters receive appropriate training.
- To contribute to regular meetings with union/employee representatives.
- To undertake any projects designated by the CEO and work alongside Heads of Departments on other projects.
- Liaise with the wider team, external consultants, design agencies and independent auditors to support the production of companies Annual Report and CSR Report.
- Third level qualification in supply chain or similiar or appropriate level of experince in similar role
- Flexibility around working hours
- Excellent people skills
- Full clean drivers licence
- Excellent communicaton skills
- Excellent administrative and IT skills to include working with Warehouse Management Systems and MS Office
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Head of Operations will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations to support achievement of financial targets and delivery of the Strategi....View
The Material Planner is an active team member in planning and scheduling the delivery of material from suppliers. This highlytactical position is responsible to monitor the flows of buy item....View
The successful candidate will provide transparency regarding all VAVE productivity projects for all the EMEA sites (Galway, Barcelona, Essen and Kolin). This role will directly drive along w....View
Research and create data driven solutions that enhance product lines and service offerings. ....View
The successful Candidate will transform data driven outcomes into fully scalable and optimised solutions for always-on production environments.....View