My Co Galway based client is looking to recruit a Software Engineer to be part of the software development life cycle i.e. design, develop and maintain C and C++ embedded software for our automatic calf feeding equipment. This position requires strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively and independently. The successful candidate must have familiarity with electronic circuitry to the degree necessary to test and debug software functions on target hardware. The position requires a strong candidate who can demonstrate initiative, innovation and drive to succeed within a fast-paced innovative environment.
- Design and implement software of embedded devices and systems using C, C++
- Proactively review and recommend improvements to existing system designs.
- Issue tracking and project management using ‘JIRA’ software.
- Collaborate with engineers and service personnel to debug and resolve software issues.
- Perform modifications on existing embedded software to add improved functionality.
- Follow standards and industry best practices to improve system performance and safety.
- Create technical specification documents for software.
- Provide technical assistance to other engineers as required.
- Provide production support when necessary.
- Interface with electronic hardware design and development teams.
- Interface with design engineers to plan and develop new products.
- Supervise in house and field trials of new software releases.
- On occasions it may be necessary to travel to a customer site to debug an issue.
- Attend trade shows and events as necessary.
- Evaluate system level requirements by brainstorming with Product Specialists, Product Managers, and other peers.
- Perform cross platform development of C/C++ code while maintaining code quality through best practices.
- 3+ years’ of relevant industry experience essential
- A bachelor’s degree in software engineering is desirable
- A minimum level 7 Qualification in software engineering essential
- Demonstrable experience of software design in embedded systems and real-time applications, particularly in embedded C.
- Experience with Embedded Linux and QT an advantage.
- Experience with embedded real time operating systems an advantage.
- Experience with Databases (SQL or SQL Lite) and their use on embedded devices an advantage.
- Experience IOT connectivity for Embedded devices an advantage.
- Experience with hardware/software debugging equipment.
- Good knowledge of hardware design, micro-controllers and electronics.
- Planning and organizational skills
- Motivated to work on own initiative is required and work as part of a team
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to make and implement decisions within tight deadlines
- Organizational Abilities – should be able to prioritize tasks, set schedules and work between different projects to achieve overall business goals
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Head of Operations will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations to support achievement of financial targets and delivery of the Strategi....View
My client is ecruiting a talented and experienced training professional to design and deliver a high quality, cost effective and innovative training function aligned to the needs and priorit....View
In a dynamic environment, you will be part of the IT Channel Europe & International team. You will have a critical role to play in leading projects to simplify and automate existing proc....View
The Regional Inventory & Materials Leader will be responsible for leading the materials transformation for the region inclusive of all manufacturing and distribution operations. Th....View
Reporting to the Head of IT, the Application Managers primary role is to manage, mentor and develop a multi-disciplined IT development and QA team.....View