Reporting to the Head of IT, the Application Managers primary role is to manage, mentor and develop a multi-disciplined IT development and QA team.
- Lead a driven development & QA team that builds, tests and maintains key software solutions for the core business function.
- Ensure all IT Applications are effectively functioning to meet business needs and demands
- Manage on-site and off-site development team.
- Oversee, co-ordinate the people, resources and processes required to deliver new software and upgrade and maintain existing products.
- Provide input into software development life-cycle, improvement and standardisation strategies
- Conduct regular check-ins and 1-1s and think critically and creatively about their long-term career development in line with our development frameworks and company strategy.
- Work closely with DBA and Infrastructure Manager to ensure all applications have regular health checks and conduct systematic system audits
- Own all IT system deployments
- Manage all P1 IT incidents
- Ensure high standards of practice are carried out by the Development and the QA team.
- Manage and mentor team through regular performance meetings, KPIs, constructive feedback, training and appraisals.
- Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team.
- Identify and act on opportunities to improve and update software and systems.
- Develop and implement IT policy and best practice guides for the organisation
- Design training programs and workshops for staff
- Provide reporting to the Head of IT as required.
3+ years’ experience in a Software Development Manager/Team lead role with a strong background in same and aunderstanding in QA (desirable)
Knowledge of Linux and the Windows Operating System.
Experience in establishing and managing multi-disciplined teams
Proven track record of successfully delivering software solutions using a range of software and database technologies.
Excellent communication skills to bridge the gap between Technology and Business functions
Strong leadership skills to influence key decisions and maximise team performance
Experience in dealing with internal and external stakeholders, with a strong customer orientation
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Head of Operations will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations to support achievement of financial targets and delivery of the Strategi....View
My client is ecruiting a talented and experienced training professional to design and deliver a high quality, cost effective and innovative training function aligned to the needs and priorit....View
In a dynamic environment, you will be part of the IT Channel Europe & International team. You will have a critical role to play in leading projects to simplify and automate existing proc....View
The Regional Inventory & Materials Leader will be responsible for leading the materials transformation for the region inclusive of all manufacturing and distribution operations. Th....View
Reporting to the Head of IT, the Application Managers primary role is to manage, mentor and develop a multi-disciplined IT development and QA team.....View