Reporting to the Reporting Accountant, the successful candidate will work as part of the Finance Team. The primary purpose of the role is to support the financial accountants within the team in the delivery of accurate financial reports and compliance to tight deadlines.
Reporting and Control
- Support in the processing of all journals in accordance with company journal policy. Deliver accurate, timely and value-add monthly reporting pack to the financial controller.
- Provide high quality analytics and populate required supporting schedules (as key input to reporting pack).
- Work within the team to deliver accurate and timely monthly and annual reporting packs to the financial controller.
- Analyse, review and discuss monthly performance face to face with financial accountants on deviations from budget.
- Discuss risks and opportunities to budget achievement with financial accountants.
- Ensure full understanding of business drivers to credibly partner with accountants.
- Analyse KPI performance on a monthly basis to surface trends and inform budgets and revisions
- Drive any reconciling items to closure and escalate any open items to the financial controller.
- Ensure all tax related returns are completed on time in full (VAT, PAYE/PRSI, Intrastat, VIES and CSO returns).
- Training to become an expert point of contact on all local compliance reporting.
- Provide required supporting evidence and internal controls reviews.
- Ensure adherence with all finance team policies at all times.
Budgeting and Forecasting
- Support the business throughout the forecasting and revision process.
- Translate business plan into a financial plan and assist to deliver the detailed financial budget.
- ATI or part qualified ACCA, ACA or CIMA
- Proven ability in working to and consistently meeting tight deadlines.
- Experience in working in a service driven, customer focused environment.
- Minimum of one year’s experience working in a finance function an advantage.
- Knowledge of an ERP package (Navision is an advantage)
- Knowledge of MS Office products, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Excellent excel skills essential.
- Self-motivated & hard working individual willing to learn from the financial accounting team as well as completing accounting qualification.
- Ability to take direction and work within a team.
- Good communication skills both written and oral.
My client is looking for someone to manage the day to day security concerns of a mid-size business to help protect both the users and our customers from security threats. One key requirement....View
This position is responsible for a wide range of business analysis covering all departments, including Sales, Operations and Supply Chain. ....View
To develop and manage the national commercial strategy in line with the overall company strategy, for the National Key Account at Corporate and or Buying Group level ensuring that the Compan....View