To manage all warehouse operations utilising a team on shift to ensure company objectives are achieved.
- Manage all warehouse operations, utilising a team on shift to ensure accuracy in pick rates, goods-in and loading rates to achieve maximum productivity without compromising Health and Safety.
- Planning, coordinating and monitoring the receipt and dispatch of goods.
- Liaising with customers, suppliers and transport companies.
- Responding to and dealing with customer communication by email and telephone.
- Maintaining up-to-date stock control systems and ensuring inventories are accurate.
- Briefing team leaders on a daily basis.
- Managing people resources and organising the recruitment and training of staff in conjunction with HR.
- Monitoring staff performance and progress; motivating, and encouraging teamwork to ensure productivity targets are met and exceeded.
- Conducting appraisals with employees and monitor performance giving feedback to individuals and the team where necessary to ensure an efficient operation and identify training needs tailored to the individual and operational requirements.
- Generating regular reports on a daily, weekly and monthly basis;
- Maintaining standards of health and safety, hygiene and security in the work environment.
- Overseeing the planned maintenance of vehicles and equipment that all relevant checks are made and when problems arise, contacting the relevant contractors to resolve the issue
- Planning future capacity requirements.
- Ensure that the warehouse is maintained to the highest BRC standard and that the HAACP and Quality Management System are audit ready at all times.
- P&L control – minimise costs, maximise profit through effective management of the above.
- Complete all administration functions required by the operation. e.g. Rotas, statutory records, timekeeping, accident reports, returns to work, absence notifications and disciplinary/absence management paperwork.
- Adhere to and ensure full awareness of all emergency procedures (disaster, fire and evacuations etc).
- Be conversant with and operate at all times within the current Health and Safety legislation including local departmental procedures.
- 3-5 years managerial warehouse experience essential, preferably in a Chill/Ambient environment.
- Proven IT skills – Index experience desirable; Microsoft word/excel/powerpoint essential.
- Proven ability to manage people to deliver results within a fast moving working environment that is customer focused
- Proven experience in driving continuous improvement.
- Strong knowledge of Health & Safety legislation and the implementation of Health & Safety policies and procedures to a high standard.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required
- Demonstrated success in leading and managing teams and to build strong cross functional relationships
- Ability to work collaboratively with managers at all levels.