To direct, manage and monitor all warehouse operations, utilising a team on shift, to ensure completion of daily functions in an efficient manner, to include administration, in compliance with Health and Safety and Company Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Warehouse Supervisor
Shifts: 7am-3.30pm; 12.00noon – 8.30pm Mon-Sun, rotating;
- Reviews workload for shifts; ensures staffing levels are optimal to the shift workload. Initiates requests for additional labour (i.e. agency) in conjunction with the Depot Manager.
- Defines and prioritises work tasks; assigns work tasks to team members and monitors task accomplishment.
- Communicates with team members (general operatives; stock controllers/administrator and management) to ensure orders are completed and shipped on time.
- Trains and provides guidance to shift team operatives and stock controllers/administrator, to execute tasks efficiently and effectively and maintains training records
- Ensures team members have the proper tools, supplies, and equipment needed, to include check on the MHE, for successful task completion.
- Ensures safe work practices and continually promotes a safe work environment and compliance, in accordance with Health & Safety legislation, safety policies and any amendments thereof.
- Ensures that all agency staff brought into the warehouse is fully trained, to include H&S induction and hold relevant licences for operating any relevant MHE.
- Provides feedback to team members regarding their individual work performance on an ongoing basis and input into the annual performance review with the Depot Manager.
- Addresses any disciplinary action required and documents same.
- Keeps team members appraised regarding administrative matters, policy, procedures, team/department performance and other work related matters that affect them through, shift start-up meetings, and one-on-one contacts, and monthly team meetings.
- Ensure compliance with company quality and operational policies and procedures.
- A relevant 3rd level qualification, (Supervisory Management, Supply Chain or similar) desirable.
- Proficient in warehouse management system, INDEX, SAP or equivalent, scanning system, and Microsoft office, Excel/Word.
- Previous supervisory management experience to some level would be a distinct advantage; training to upskill will be given to the right candidate.
- Previous warehouse cold storage experience is desirable.
- Forklift driving qualified with experience is essential.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation is essential.
- Ability to plan, organise and co-ordinate activities in a fast moving working environment that is customer focused, utilising staff to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Assertive communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated success in working with and building relationships within a cross functional team, and with managers at all levels
- Strong analytical skills with an aptitude for problem solving and developing solutions quickly and effortlessly with attention to detail.
A highly motivated individual
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Head of Operations will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations to support achievement of financial targets and delivery of the Strategi....View
Shirt term contract role (approximate duration 4 months) which may be extended dependant on introduction of a new HRIS system....View
reportThe role will be responsible for the execution of all the daily activities required to manage shift responsibilities across Inbound (receiving, put away/replenishment) or Outbound (pic....View
Our Client is seeking to recruit a premier sales executive who will "hit the ground running" with the proven ability and track record to generate organic revenue growth via prospecting tools....View