To direct, manage and monitor all warehouse operations, utilising a team on shift, to ensure completion of daily functions in an efficient manner, to include administration, in compliance with Health and Safety and Company Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Warehouse Supervisor
Shifts: 7am-3.30pm; 12.00noon – 8.30pm Mon-Sun, rotating;
- Reviews workload for shifts; ensures staffing levels are optimal to the shift workload. Initiates requests for additional labour (i.e. agency) in conjunction with the Depot Manager.
- Defines and prioritises work tasks; assigns work tasks to team members and monitors task accomplishment.
- Communicates with team members (general operatives; stock controllers/administrator and management) to ensure orders are completed and shipped on time.
- Trains and provides guidance to shift team operatives and stock controllers/administrator, to execute tasks efficiently and effectively and maintains training records
- Ensures team members have the proper tools, supplies, and equipment needed, to include check on the MHE, for successful task completion.
- Ensures safe work practices and continually promotes a safe work environment and compliance, in accordance with Health & Safety legislation, safety policies and any amendments thereof.
- Ensures that all agency staff brought into the warehouse is fully trained, to include H&S induction and hold relevant licences for operating any relevant MHE.
- Provides feedback to team members regarding their individual work performance on an ongoing basis and input into the annual performance review with the Depot Manager.
- Addresses any disciplinary action required and documents same.
- Keeps team members appraised regarding administrative matters, policy, procedures, team/department performance and other work related matters that affect them through, shift start-up meetings, and one-on-one contacts, and monthly team meetings.
- Ensure compliance with company quality and operational policies and procedures.
- A relevant 3rd level qualification, (Supervisory Management, Supply Chain or similar) desirable.
- Proficient in warehouse management system, INDEX, SAP or equivalent, scanning system, and Microsoft office, Excel/Word.
- Previous supervisory management experience to some level would be a distinct advantage; training to upskill will be given to the right candidate.
- Previous warehouse cold storage experience is desirable.
- Forklift driving qualified with experience is essential.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation is essential.
- Ability to plan, organise and co-ordinate activities in a fast moving working environment that is customer focused, utilising staff to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Assertive communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated success in working with and building relationships within a cross functional team, and with managers at all levels
- Strong analytical skills with an aptitude for problem solving and developing solutions quickly and effortlessly with attention to detail.
A highly motivated individual
My client is looking for someone to manage the day to day security concerns of a mid-size business to help protect both the users and our customers from security threats. One key requirement....View
This position is responsible for a wide range of business analysis covering all departments, including Sales, Operations and Supply Chain. ....View
To develop and manage the national commercial strategy in line with the overall company strategy, for the National Key Account at Corporate and or Buying Group level ensuring that the Compan....View