My client is currently recruiting for a Health & Safety Officer (maternity leave cover) to join the team in their state of the art premises in Athlone, Co. Westmeath.
- To maintain an acceptably high standard of health and safety in on all the sites and including the warehouse, offices etc
- Carry out regular site safety audits, risk assessments and document the findings for management and implement necessary corrective actions.
- Develop, Maintain and edit an in-house Safety Training Program
- Carry out accident investigations.
- To collate and maintain any data, records or other information required for health and safety within.
- To facilitate the implementation, monitoring and review of the Companies health and Safety policies and assist with the implementation of new company safety procedures
- Advise management on health and safety laws, regulations and directives which affect the company and its employees
- Ideal candidates will be diploma/degree qualified in Health & Safety with experience in warehousing and distribution environment.
- Familiarity with regulatory compliance procedures, publications and an ability to interpret relevant legislation
- High level of communication skills, including written, oral and presentation skills.
- High level of proficiency in the application of Microsoft office suite, especially Excel and Powerpoint.
- Ambitious self-starter with the confidence and drive to take ownership of cross functional processes
- Experience in maintaining ISO standards would be an advantage.
- Fluent in English
- Flexibility with regard to working hours
- Positive, energetic and focused, with good organisational ability
- Experienced in working autonomously and within teams in fast-paced environment
- Committed to deliver value and new initiatives to the business
- Committed to one’s own personal and professional development